« Esta mi obsesión para viernes. Escuche. | Main | High Mime Time »

28 de Abril, 2007

Drivelling For Change

Categorized under Stories | Tags: ,

NOW WHAT ON EARTH would convince Nez to respond to an email with this?:

Read more for some Saturday entertainment, courtesy of the wiley mind behind rhnichols@btinternet.com:

1. Please note, in this first email, the well-wielded use of the "Stupid Mexican" Appeal. Richard Nichols (our honorary British Mexican Spinster) uses (rather splendid) intros such as "Oh Dear." Dunno. Straightens my flag. You can just picture his bunned-up hair, petticoat, and wringing hands as he begins. Doesn't it make you want to stop laughing and romping with the other naughty schoolchildren and face the blackboard?

On Apr 27, 2007, at 15:06 , rhnichols@btinternet.com wrote:

Oh dear, another embarrassing example of a Mexican making a fool of himself in public. In case you hadn’t noticed, Mexico has already had one socialist revolution. It left the country a poverty-stricken backwater for almost 100 years and led to the deaths of 1/10th of the total population (one of the bloodiest civil wars in world history). It led, in fact, to the very conditions in which Mexico finds itself today - conditions which I’m sure you condemn. The very last thing it needs now is another such revolution. Mexican society is both complex and fragile and there are no easy answers to many of the problems it faces. One thing, however, is certain - the solution does not lie in further socialist experimentation. The average Mexican may not articulate this fact, but they know it implicitly. That is why thousands of them risk life and limb every day of every year trying to escape to the USA where socialism has - thankfully - never been able to gain a strong foothold; and it is why none of them - not one! - ever tries to escape to Cuba where they have had a revolutionary leader for almost half a century, with all of the destruction of life, liberty and property which that implies.

Of course, like the prostitute of yore, you (through your blog) are in the extremely privileged position of having power without responsibility, and were Mexico ever to turn communist or fascist (which one do you prefer? I wonder), I have no doubt you would quickly escape the ensuing carnage by returning to the USA where you would waste no time bemoaning the slaughter back in Mexico and claim it was all Uncle Sam’s fault in the first place. Get real, grow up and if all that fails at least have the decency to shut up.

Another Mexican.
mailfrom rhnichols@btinternet.com

OH DEAR. Have I gone and embarassed myself again? I do that a lot. And I do appreciate the "Mexican" giving me the opportunity to conceal my humiliation by not leaving me a comment in public, where everyone might see it. I hope you can forgive me, Señor Nichols, for bringing this out into the light. But I feel as if I deserve a public flaying or something for my brash ignorance.

You see, here I thought that that conquering armies from European nations was what was greatly responsible for the shape Mexico is in today. That and friendly agreements like NAFTA. And you tell me it was revolution. But you know, it makes sense. If my people would just have taken the constant exploitation by their own rulers as well as from Europe, what a beautiful place Mexico would be today. But...you know. We get mighty arrogant some days. We dare to think we should not bow to tyranny and occupation and invasion. Go figure. Maybe with a few more educational emails from your kind, Mexico can get it together.

The average Mexican may not articulate this fact, but they know it implicitly.

Yes. That is because we have this sort of primitive, Indio intuition, but are stupid and can't say things a best what way for to make you comprendes. That's why I have such bigmo appreschalation for your verbal...how do you say? effluvium?

Because you slap down a beauty of a three-fer, here. The Appeal to Intelligence joined up with a nice slathering of condescension and fake history. MMMmmm!! Bueno. Thanks, too, for teaching me about the "Fragile and Complex" history of muh peeples. So kind. You know so much about everything!

As far as my prostitute-like power of the blog, well. If Mexico turned fascist of course I would put on green eyeshadow the exact shade of dew-ridden cilantro and swing my ass round to all my blogmigos' blogular brothels, and we would storm on the virtual palace togevah, a billion blazing pixels at the ready. And you know this, vato! ¡Hasta el Amor Siempre!

(And...pardon me, guvnor...but did you really just use "yore"? Seriously?)

Anyway, that's not what I said. That's just what I enjoy saying now that everyone's watching.

Here's what I replied:

2.

--- NLXJ wrote:

img"Revolution"? What on earth are you talking about? You sure you have the right blog? I don't advocate revolution. Aside from the internal part that recognizes we must become original thinkers and separate ourselves from the groupthink and imperialist superiority complexes that are ravaging the world. I was born in LA and have been an American all my life, fool.

Read closer before you criticize so arrogantly, my friend.

Nez

--
http://www.theunapologeticmexican.org

You think that would be enough to show this Fake Mexican that he had the wrong idea. But he couldn't let go. He had to non-sequitur his way back into my heart:

3.

On Apr 28, 2007, at 02:57 , RICHARD NICHOLS wrote:

Hmmm ... So you deny that you're a socialist?

Let's review the evidence - a quick perusal of your website clearly reveals a conscious and deliberate promotion of the following:

• Pro-Marcos photographs and propaganda
• Murals by well-known communists
• A fascistic representation of the Mexican eagle (your logo)
• Images of Ghe Guevara
• Drivelling anti-Americanism
&
• Narcissistic portraits of yourself (I presume) imitating Marcos / Arab terrorists / the VT killer (take your pick)

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but this would suggest that you associate yourself with what can only be described as a fairly radical, left-wing, anti-establishment, pro-revolutionary mentality, and your outright denial of the fact suggests one of
two possibilities:

- you are too stupid to know what these images symbolise (possible)

- you are lying in a vain attempt to conceal your true motives (likely)

Which is it, amigo?

Another Mexican

In case my readers weren't aware, the British spelling of "Symbolize" is very common in Mexico. (Like the word "yore".) In fact, el D.F. (Mexico City) is an exact replica of London. Yeah! Just add sun, and beans, and balls. (Whoa, sorry, British friends. I'm getting a little arrogant over here. It's the heat.)

Now, in Bizarro World, where Nez bothers responding seriously and in depth to the insane emails of fake Mexicans, I might have said some snazzy shit in reply to this cluster of colorful caca. I might have snickered, first, into my iron fist, and then stroked my crippled kitty as I complimented myself on my devious plot to take over the world with 150 pixel gifs. Or maybe I would have saluted to Marcos before explaining to His Eminence that the legend of the Eagle at Tenochtitlán was a bird rather unimpressed with Fascisticka. And the EZLN star is more representative of the indigenous belief in autonomy and the strength they show re unidad and self empowerment. But you know, like the average Mexican, I had a hard time "articulating" this. Plus, all my drivel kept bubbling over my lip and into my keyboard.

So, instead of even bothering to tell him that THE VT KILLER AND MARCOS AND I all shop from "Bandannas and Ski Gear Online," but that this doesn't mean we always got along, I tried to boil it down to this:


4.

--- NLXJ wrote:

i do not wear labels as you must, this "socialist," etc. and anyway, now you switch your attack. go find someone else to hate. you've made your opinion clear. i am not interested in earnestly explaining myself to someone who has nothing but scorn for me.

understand,
"amigo?"

enjoy your derision, unhappy human.

Nez
--
http://www.theunapologeticmexican.org

But the Loco Mexican Nichols only flared his sombrero-shaped nostrils and broke out the Fancy English:

5.

On Apr 28, 2007, at 06:29 , RICHARD NICHOLS wrote:

I am not switching my 'attack', merely substantiating it - hence my detailed exposition of the evidence. You may deny this evidence as you wish, but you cannot
escape it. Nor can you try to dismiss it by saying you do not believe in 'labels'. If something looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then the chances are that
it is a duck (or in your case a leftie).

In fact, it is you who is 'switching' his attack - first by denying the evidence altogether, then by resorting to an ad hominem (look it up) attack.

Of course, your reaction is no surprise to me - lefties have no rational arguments to support their position since no such arguments exist. Theirs is a mentality based on hatred, fear and denial and yours, compadre, would seem to be a classic example of the type.

Or prove me wrong ... I can't wait!

Un beso,

Another Mexican

Well, of course "Un beso" means "A kiss," and because this so flattered me—as well as because I needed time to look up this "Homina Attack" thing—I stalled by replying:

6.

my friend, you are about as mexican as laura bush, i'm betting. but that aside, yes, you did switch your attack. first it was aimed at what you perceived to be a mexican fomenting or advocating revolution in mexico. now it is aimed at what you perceive to be a narcissistic "lefty" socialist american devious (perhaps) fool. socialism is far more nuanced a school of belief than you pretend, and even proponents of such cannot agree on what it is exactly. were you truly interested in my stance, i might engage you with my personal nuances and philosophy. but you are not. you are living in anger and wish to share some with me. but i have no interest. your next email will bounce, and you will walk around this earth continuing to carry a dichotomized and oversimplified image of the world, divided into "lefties" and such. i feel sorry for you, my friend. your arrogance is astounding. your hostility predictable and boring. your smallmindedness telling.

perhaps your life is such that you enjoy arguing and stirring up shit. but i have bigger visions for my mornings. and you are not included.

besitos, chavalita.
Nez

--
http://www.theunapologeticmexican.org

I apologize to all little girls for complimenting this fool in such a way! But when he couldn't conceal his mental malaise, it made me feel affectionate, like his papi, like I wanted to just hold him close and let him know it would all be okay. Mi chica, mi chavalita. I'll stroke your fake mexican forehead and hide all my handsome self-portraits from you if that's what it takes to keep you safe. Don't you worry. I won't let you go until Fidel's gone!


UPDATE: Amigo patriotboy over at Jesus' General mentioned in our email correspondence (how ya like that word choice, Sir Nichols?) that perhaps our smoking-jacketed friend was referring to this eagle when he brilliantly "nailed" me on my "fascistic representation of the Mexican eagle (your logo)." Patriotboy is probably right, after thinking about it. I'm not sure how Cesar Chavez would react to being called a fascist, because in reality the black, white, and red eagle is not "my symbol," although I did redraw/adapt it for my blog. This image has been around for a long time, gaining much notice in el Chicano Movimiento of the 60s and 70s. It is, of course, the UFW (United Farm Worker's) symbol, and I very much support them for various reasons. You should too, if you enjoy your tossed fascistic spinach.
digg | | delish

Comentarios (29)


RickB dijo:

GRVTR

Damn! That monocle wearing drawing is exactly what all us Brits look like as we have the cabbie drive us around Mexico city for tea at the Ritz, then onto the Strand respectfully raising our top hats to the ladies as we request the next dance.
By Jove! We'd never let a dusky brown blackguard spout his filthy pinko filth in case the servants got ideas above their station, after all every Michaelmas we let them have an hour off where they are allowed to speak their gutter language and see their family (if they aren't all stuck in the chimneys), what more do they want?
Thankfully old Dicky Nichols (bowled a googly for the Eton old boys, matron was livid, splendid chap. Heard he'd entered the foreign service after Cambridge, spreading the good word about free trade to the natives) uses the top notch British Telecom email system that has built in communism detecting filters that will deny red bandidos and their rabble rousing ilk. Leaving Queen and country safe and her bold Uncle Sam happy together in this best of all possible worlds and Mexico may occasionally be allowed to clean their toilets.
Thank God he has alerted me to this nest of revolutionary vipers, I can see it now. If I squint my eyes there it is- a hammer and sickle. I'm even beginning to suspect that 'Nezua' may not be an Anglo-Saxon name (I assumed it was a dimunitive of Neville, second cousin to Mountbatten's God-niece's vicars groundskeeper of the Sussex Fotheringill-Semthurts), isn't it Castro's middle name? Damn and blast! I'd better alert homeland security immediately, I don't have to watch 'The Motorcycle Diaries' (not that I did, heaven forfend. Some sickly reds fondling lepers, urgh!) to realise the dangers of allowing peasants to get uppity. Only the unrestrained free market can save Mexico as it has the rest of the world and anyone who says otherwise is commufasciterrorcriminal.
Thanks Dick!


erizzle dijo:

GRVTR

i hope dick doesn't have any pets or children...or plants.


Trin dijo:

GRVTR

yee gah.

what a mess. *eyeroll*

some humans.... yipes.


jvigil dijo:

GRVTR

Egads!....Nez, your a pinko leftie?? WWQD? (what will the Queen do?)

were do I sign up???


nezua limón xolagrafik-jonez dijo:

GRVTR

RickB, that was funny shit bro. I do realize I went off a bit on the English bit...for all I know, the cat is Australian or Canadian. That "s" spelling can go a few ways. But it was all the "hence" and "drivel," "days of yore" and "oh dears" and shit that really cracked me up either way.


ilyka dijo:

GRVTR

You had me at "Just add sun, and beans, and balls."

It's not impossible, of course, that a Mexican compadre is emailing you from a British Telecom address. Globalization, the world is flat, blah blah blah. Add in all the usual wingnut, white supremacist tropes ("lefties have no rational arguments," etc.), however, and I have to bet that the caricatures you have provided of your esteemed correspondent are more accurate than not.

Thanks for making me laugh so hard I've got hiccups, Nezua.


nezua limón xolagrafik-jonez dijo:

GRVTR

jeje...no, of course it may be a genetic mexican or whatnot, there are a few possibilities. but i will tell you what. it is the english speaking people, and specifically those invested in the colonizer's view that ratchet up the Queen's proper english when they want to pummel you. use English as a weapon. archaic phraseology intended to confound and intimidate you. if it is a brown person, they don't see themselves as brown. they act White™ for sure. trust me...i get a few emails that are not so dissimilar. the great thing about being attacked over and over again behind the same dynamic is that it begins to break down into predictable and recognizable elements.

not only that, but the phrase "lefties" as the most venemous term they can use? they can say "un beso" and "compadre" sure, but why not use one of the vast range of spanish insults? nah, they spit "lefties"

this is a rightwinger who thinks like a White™ rightwinger. being a "lefty" became more ugly to them than anything else. i vote it is someone using "another mexican" as a trollish technique. either way, they embarrassed themselves in public after all, oh dear.


RickB dijo:

GRVTR

-- "(Mexico City) is an exact replica of London." -- and that pic were just too much, when I finished laughing I had transmuted into Lord Snooty.
Wherever he is really from I would urge him to watch 'The Trap' because it shows the basic model of human behaviour from which conservatism stems, is flawed. Humans, with a bias towards women (the wiser sex I think) prefer to cooperate rather than compete and tend toward equitable distribution of wealth/resources rather than hoarding & inequality. Scientific studies are showing this, it isn't just an ideological belief, maybe his desperate attacks are because he hears the clock ticking down on dog eat dog capitalism. The right have nothing but to appeal to fears & prejudices to divide and conquer to enforce this unatural status of exploitation and inequality.
Plus monocles & top hats are very expensive, they need the cash.


nezua limón xolagrafik-jonez dijo:

GRVTR

i went out of my WAY to find that monocle image!

yeah, well...i can understand once you have grabbed your pie you want to justify pie-grabbing, or keep anyone from grabbing yours. i just think its a rather snailish way to think. pupae of the spirit. greed. and when you operate on greed you get smaller, not bigger. one of those paradoxes of life.

i think there will be more flailing as an Old Day dies. much worse flailing.

Lord Snooty is always welcome, he's good for a laugh.


nezua limón xolagrafik-jonez dijo:

GRVTR

ps y'all, i guessed Brit without the email addy thing. i had no idea where that email came from, d'int know "bt" meant "british telecom." so really, i feel backed up on it, with that addtl info!


ilyka dijo:

GRVTR
the great thing about being attacked over and over again behind the same dynamic is that it begins to break down into predictable and recognizable elements.

Exactly. I see similar patterns with the misogynists. One thing hate lacks is variety.

It just all reads very predictably after awhile, and then pretty soon you're designing "Pretend Mexican Bingo" cards with squares like, "The last thing the Mexican people need is more socialism," and "If revolution is so great then why don't they all swim to Cuba, huh huh huh?!?"


nezua limón xolagrafik-jonez dijo:

GRVTR

jeje! you've got it now! it's like this n like that. simple as pie.


Rafael dijo:

GRVTR

"Socialism...blah, blah, blah...."

Excuse me? but isn't most of Europe (especially Great Britain) a rather successful experiment in democratic socialism? I guess I can't tell my London bridges from my drawbridges....


Zaecus dijo:

GRVTR
it is the english speaking people, and specifically those invested in the colonizer's view that ratchet up the Queen's proper english when they want to pummel you.

I just do it so I don't dissolve into a frothing pool of expletive spraying acid intent on devouring my opponent whole and leaving the sidewalk coated in the foul-smelling slime that might be the most recognizable residue of my particular case of rage.

Well, that or it's Doctor Who's fault.

Their have been times when, over different issues than these, I might have written letters that sounded a lot like that, and I get a cold feeling in my chest at that thought.

Why hunt someone down to pick a fight? (Or did I miss the part where you emailed this cat a link to your site? *laugh*)


nezua limón xolagrafik-jonez dijo:

GRVTR

Their have been times when, over different issues than these, I might have written letters that sounded a lot like that,

yo, tambien. there's no better way to see through something than to have lived it, eh?

These types come at me to pick a fight, z, because something inside them rings like a trolley car with no brakes when they find me. it's called fear.

--

rafa, that first line of yours is the best for summing up this cat's entire volley! jaja! thanks for that.


Pat Logan dijo:

GRVTR

You got me started laughing at "my devious plot to take over the world with 150 pixel gifs" ... so much so my spouse started asking me what was so funny.

I'm impressed. I would have just ignored the guy. You devious man, you.

"...once you have grabbed your pie you want to justify pie-grabbing, or keep anyone from grabbing yours. i just think its a rather snailish way to think. pupae of the spirit. greed. and when you operate on greed you get smaller, not bigger. one of those paradoxes of life."

I've never heard this concept expressed so well. Thank you.


nezua limón xolagrafik-jonez dijo:

GRVTR

see? that's how us prostitute fascists recruit! with witty lines designed to confuse and muddy the spousal waters. now get your eyeshadow and meet me under the big iron hammer.


Richard at Mexfiles dijo:

GRVTR

I may be a "Dick"... but I ain't THAT "Dick" :-)


The average Mexican may not articulate this fact, but they know it implicitly. That is why thousands of them risk life and limb every day of every year trying to escape to the USA where socialism has - thankfully - never been able to gain a strong foothold;

I don't think this Dick knows any "average Mexicans" who articulate anything more to him than "¿que tomar, señor?"

Your Dick sounds like one of those tedious semi-Mexpats that haunt the cafes of the larger ex-pat communities, complaining about the "natives".

When they're not gossiping about each other, or trying to pick up teenage boys, they blather on about the ills of Mexico and their solution based on ignorance of the basic facts.

I was once with a very, very prominent Mexican establishment figure in a one of these cafes when an American antiques dealer sat down and proceeded to tell the vvpM that it was imperative that Mexico sell Pemex to the American oil companies. While he was not your "average Mexican", he was typical in that he had good manners.

Our fake Englishman (I'm wondering if he has trouble spelling, but using a British Telecom email address, he's using a British spell-checker) probably doesn't know the difference between a person being polite enough to overlook egregious breaches of etiquette (as one does when dealing with the mentally challenged) and not articulating the fact.

Oh well... at least he's reading you, so he may be teachable. Just don't hold your breath.


nezua limón xolagrafik-jonez dijo:

GRVTR

HEY, my "dick," as you so comfortably put it, is anything but tedious, my fr—oh. I get you. Sorry. (And sorry for the fifth grade joke, I have a hard time passing these things up.)

Your Dick sounds like one of those tedious semi-Mexpats that haunt the cafes of the larger ex-pat communities, complaining about the "natives".

Ah, I can see where you're coming from. That would make the whole "revolution is the cause of Mexico's ills" line make sense. And I suppose there's no reason why a Mexican couldn't have the name "richard nichols," after all. Maybe he changed his name. Or whatever. I don't care to figure it out. It just skeeves me to hear someone claim Mexican blood whilst being such a swata, and you know where he can plant his beso.

Thanks for the breakdown y tu experiencia.


Jena dijo:

GRVTR

Ahh. I believe that guy has a little crush on you Nezua ;) Lucky lucky you.


SeattleTammy & Dan dijo:

GRVTR

Cool! You know Marcos and "Ghe" Guevara? Man, you are so lucky.

Thanks for pointing out to this fool that Leftist thought is nuanced, in many ways
subtle. But he wont ever get that. That you let it go on so long is a mitzvah for you. Thanks.


nezua limón xolagrafik-jonez dijo:

GRVTR

too bad it wasn't a bar mitzvah. at least i would have got some presents out of it. right?

actually, i was surprised he kept writing back. i don't get people who live to feel ugly inside, threadflamers and such. life's too short. and i never blocked him, bounced his mail, or in any way shut it down. he just gave up.


SeattleTammy & Dan dijo:

GRVTR

Not to get too personal, to get bar mitzvahed, you need to be circumsised. Just saying. We couldn't possibly know.

I'm reminded of one of the histories of the Mexican Revolution I've read, that Zapata and Villa met only once. It was sort of an early day photo-op. (This would have been around 1919 or a bit earlier). They were asked by the attendant reporters about the Bolshevik Revolution, Marx and Lenin, and neither of them knew much about what was going on in Russia. They were much more interested in fairness, equality and opportunity.


nezua limón xolagrafik-jonez dijo:

GRVTR

i hope the presents they get are worth it is all i can say to that. that's quite a trade. "here's a new stereo! now whip it out!"

and yeah, i'd take fairness and equality over russia, myself.


turbonerd dijo:

GRVTR
... neither of them knew much about what was going on in Russia. They were much more interested in fairness, equality and opportunity.
Didn't know, or more likely, didn't care. After all, they were dealing with the blowback from 4 centuries of exploitation by the European/criollo "ruling class" at first-hand. In any case, I doubt rather strongly that either of them would have felt much "solidarity" with a group of elitist, intellectual Europeans trying to supplant an elitist, hereditary monarchy. The question presumes that all revolutions are the same. Perhaps they are, if viewed through the prism of the traditional white power structure.

Dave von Ebers dijo:

GRVTR

Brilliant stuff, Nez. (I particularly like the tell-tale Mac Mail format, above. Not that I generally engage in Windows bashing, but it's pretty cool to see a fellow Mac dude.)

Oh, and that Cesar Chavez eagle symbol? Reminds me of the UFW/"Boycott Grapes" bumper sticker on my parent's '72 Volkswagen Microbus. I-shit-you-not.


protected static dijo:

GRVTR

If you're really curious about where the email originated, you can always look @ the header. Sure, it'll be a lot of more-or-less incomprehensible stuff, but the very first IP address in the chain (at the bottom, right before the date and subject) is likely to be from where the email originated. You can then use something like dnsstuff.com to look up the geographic location of that IP address...

Or you could have a life and not be quite as much of a geek as me...


nsviyjqb nhgsat dijo:

GRVTR

exqbrkmfg aswdgzpn zfpxygt dnilrhqb xfvdh kzduelca tiahlzmb


nsviyjqb nhgsat dijo:

GRVTR

exqbrkmfg aswdgzpn zfpxygt dnilrhqb xfvdh kzduelca tiahlzmb